So what exactly is a website audit?
A website audit is an analysis of those factors that impact your SEO and content marketing, such as traffic to your website, the website’s ranking in search engines and other different aspects of your website. It is a process which seeks to identify discrepancies, weaknesses, or potential factors that can affect the promotion of your business online. Therefore, a website audit is the go-to for marketers to identify strategies to improve or solidify the success of proper marketing of your business or brand by enhancing the user experience by visitors. The more visitors that view your business means an increased potential to gain customers, ultimately maximizing your potential for earnings.
The quality of your website and its contents are imperative for maximum web performance. Consequentially, an extensive list of components is checked off by an expert website auditor to augment the content users are exposed to from your website. The metrics include but are not limited to:
- Backlinks – links that lead to another web page. The more backlinks included on a web page improves the ranking of that website in a search engine.
- Content – Is the data on your website profitable and of value according to its theme? Is it powerful to its intended audience?
- The Use of Key Phrases – Are you using distinctive words throughout the entirety of the content on your web page? Coin your special words and ALT tags to improve your ranking.
- Link Score – is a literal value of your links. The more links on your website and to your website improves your chances of appearing high in a search engine list.
- Link Quality – Numbers matter but so does quality. Are the sites linked to your web page reliable ones?
- Clicking Percentage – is one of the metrics considered in gauging the user experience. How likely are visitors inclined to click on your link? A low percentage is indicative to a search engine rank that your website is not as important to viewers.
As previously mentioned, the list is extensive, and an excellent website audit report will produce results of the tested components for each one of them. A website can audit your business using special software which will report any issues that may affect or suggest ways to enhance the performance of your website on the internet. Regular website auditing improves your business by making it more operational and user-friendly, maximizing the potential of earnings – the end goal of all flourishing businesses.
Different types of website audits
A website audit is a complete study of aspects that influence a websites discernibility for search engines as well as affluence of usage for users. On the other hand, a complete website audit is not continuously essential, below listed are several of the top categories of audit and guidelines.
- Technical Audit – At the same time as decent quality content and backlinks will aid to get your website ranked, if there is a methodological issue, then all your struggle could be in otiose. Technical audits emphasis on finest practice for website discernibility and guaranteeing that all site encounters all search engine requests for crawling as well as indexing.
- SEO Audit – An SEO audit processes how healthy your website is optimized for search, this can comprise analyzing keywords, link profiles, traffic behavior, goal conversions, Metadata, image, video optimization, etc.
- Content Audit – At the same time as content is frequently read as a portion of an SEO audit, impartial content audits can also be perceptive, bringing robust comprehension into what messaging and quality of voice is altering and what is not altering.
Importance of website audit in SEO
With the internet being a world that unchains geography as a deterrent, marketing has become a global arena for all who may have a product, idea, or a difference to sell people on. If you’re like me, I know you’ve heard the term ‘SEO’ a lot and had to jump on Google to find out what it is. Search engine optimization (SEO) in layman’s terms is different strategies that maximize the chances of your website or social platform being found in the list of results in a search engine, e.g., Google.
A website SEO audit is defined as a complete investigation of entirety associated with your website’s level of search prominence. A comprehensive well as complete website audit will provide you an unfathomable understanding for instance why your website is not producing the traffic you consider it would or why your deals and conversions are not refining.
The need for a website audit is to offer webmasters a comprehensive and exhaustive exploration into their websites health, enactment, and speed. SEO is a continuous effort that comprises the reliable inspection and enhancing rank of your website. Augment regular site audits to your procedure to make sure that your site is constantly set up for SEO accomplishment.
Website audit checklist
Step 1: On-Site Analysis
- i) Health Check
- a) Perform a site search
b) Perform brand searches
c) Review the total pages indexed
d) Duplicate content review
- a) Perform a site search
- ii) Usability Review
- a) Site Load time
b) Home page layout
c) Landing interior pages
d) Quality/frequency of Call to action (CTA)
- a) Site Load time
- iii) Content Review – Quality, length, Human or goal-focused, Ease of use
- iv) Server Redirect/Response Codes – 301,307,410,404,302,500,503
- v) Page Structure1 – SEO friendly URLs, complete and niche relevant title tags, unique and niche relevant meta descriptions, number of links on the page
- vi) Page Structure2 – Review of internal link structure, Image names, Image sizes, Semantic HTML review
Step 2: Competitive Analysis
- i) Competitive Site List – List industry competitors, niche competitors, list some influential industry sites
- ii) Traffic Analysis – Alexa.com, Similarweb.com, Quantcast.com, Semrush.com
- iii) Content Analysis – Quality, Uniqueness, Copyscape passed, Frequency, Top pages, link building potential, Use Call to action (CTA), Usage of user-generated content
- iv) Link Analysis – Total number of inbound links, Total number of linking domains, Link building content, Quality of links, Source of link generation
- v) Social Media – Active channels, level of engagement, frequency, Relationship with influencers
Step 3: Keyword Research
- i) Creating the keyword list
- ii) Grade niche relevant keywords – Relevance, volume, Value per conversion, Estimate the cost of traffic
- iii) Research tools
Increase your website’s organic traffic and conversions by evaluating key insights into your website’s overall performance, search optics, competitors, and more. Contact with Mahedi Media to audit your website free today!